Sunday, April 11, 2010

Extra Credit Blog

I suppose that when I started in Honors English in the beginning of the year, I thought that it was going to be a piece of cake, I'd done very well in my English classes all the years before freshman year. I was set, and confident. I'd never anticipated that I would be needing to memorize and recite poetry in front of the class though, speaking in front of the class is a weakness for me, nerves over power my ability to function. Oh boy, then we have diagramming sentences... well, I don't have very nice things to say about this topic. I think that diagramming sentences is no fun at all and it takes a long time, knowing where to put certain words off straight lines, dashed lines, or weird looking lines is not easy. I must say, that just flies right over my head. All in all, I think that I've learned a lot from Honors English, and I'm glad to have taken this class. Just not so glad that I had to read the novel Great Expectations (I would underline the title but I can't figure out how, bear with me) in my opinion that book was really boring and hard to get through. How to Kill a Mockingbird (yet again, bear with me) was a better book, and one that I liked.

1 comment: