Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Conclusion

Going over the blogs that I have written, I have come to realize that when I write I tend to write about things that I can relate to. Within every post that has thus far been posted by me, I can find some deeper meaning that ties in with the story of my life. Whether it be through something that I found resembles me through a piece of literature, or a random topic that I was lead to with Mrs. Gilman's instructions. This blog has all truly been about who I truly am, the opinions and feelings that I have toward people, writing, books, etc. I looked back through all my post's and saw just how my writing has changed and improved, yet it has stayed the same. In the sense that it is still clearly me, throughout the year I still have made it possible to stay true to who I am by finding meaning that relates to me within everything. I learned about myself that probably like most people, I like to write about things that I've experiences. For example the blog where we got to write about our first childhood memories. Writing about things that interest you, writing about something that is known by you to be a fact is easier and more interesting than writing about something like a book or poem, that could have many meanings. Even though having to discover and prove what you believe to be true may be more interesting. I believe that not only writing personal things that are filled with imagery and emotion, but reading them is something that people would much rather want to do. Another blog that was a personal favorite of mine to write was the blog that we got to describe our best friends. Looking back, the way that I wrote wasn't as well formed, and basically not as good as it is now. Rereading it I caught my mistakes right away, and got a little bit frustrated with myself for two reasons. The fact that I had made those mistakes, and the fact that I now, months later want to go back and rewrite it so it sounds better. Over the course of this year I have written a lot about books and plays that were being read during class, I have written about essays, and questions that I may have had at the time of reading the books and plays. I do wish that there would have been more opportunities to write about things freely, like the things that I talked about above. I feel like we spent a lot of time focused on something completely set up. Writing about something that only had one category to fall under. Looking back, I wish now that we would have been able to write more freely about things that interested us. May I suggest that in the future you throw in more open ended blog subjects? Some people, like me, really enjoy writing about things more freely. I personally don't like feeling so tied down, that is something that is emphasized in essays. That is the conclusion, to this seemingly endless blog.

2 comments: